[lbo-talk] health care poll

Left-Wing Wacko leftwingwacko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 19:42:03 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Marv Gandall<marvgandall at videotron.ca> wrote:

> =================================
> I'd add a poisonous combination of racism and stagnating real incomes to the
> cultural factors identified by Wojtek. Many white working and lower middle
> class Americans seem to believe government spending is primarily aimed at
> blacks and immigrants and this, coupled with their inability to augment
> their incomes in the workplace or through self-employment, encourages them
> to seek relief through lower taxes and draws them into the conservative
> Republican orbit.

Oh, you must be talking about this lady?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcRr5xA-K80

If you don't feel like watching the video, this is a summary of what she says.

She believes in "Biblical values" (Come on lady, what would Jesus do? Hint: heal people, and NOT ask them for payment or an insurance card).

She's afraid that the Obama plan is going to give health insurance to illegal aliens "I mean, God bless them, I want them to have care, but my husband works two-three jobs and he doesn't have health care......"

Yeah lady, its all a conspiracy to take care of everybody except for you and your kin.

For crying out loud, maybe these death panels aren't such a bad idea? Lets start with getting rid of people who are soooo against any kind of empathy and human solidarity that they are against their own interests!

Then later an Israeli man tells a reporter how great "national health care" is in Israel, and the same wingnut taunts him with a "sieg heil Hitler" He then goes bezerk on her and rightly so! (quite entertaining)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVS4Zgjm8HE

But hey there's a thought, maybe we can get Israelis singing praises to their "national health care" to win over some of the right-wing idiots who unquestioningly support Israel? Yeah, I know, probably not.

Sheldon

-- http://left-wingwacko.blogspot.com/