[lbo-talk] Ubuntu stuff

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Wed Aug 19 19:58:52 PDT 2009

At 3:06 PM -0400 19/8/09, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

>In other words, so long as you only use devices which are able to
>participate in the key authorization system, you're fine. But once
>you try to play AAC encrypted audio on a non-compliant device, (which
>you might want to do at some point) you'll run against the
>restrictions I'm talking about.

Like for instance if you wanted to play your song on an MP3 player not approved by Apple, that is to say not approved by the company that is the market leader in selling MP3 players...

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I paid for an Itunes song once, I learned my lesson when I tried to use it on my new computer. I had to jump through intolerable hoops. Wheras all the illegally downloaded songs were trouble-free. Naturally, I'll stick to getting my MP3s the problem-free way in the future. Apple can stick their Itunes store up their arse.

I strongly advise others to do the same. And why should I give a stuff about the incomes of the singers and songwriters? For fuck's sake, most of the ones I listen to are dead anyhow. Doug, don't try to guilt-trip us, you're about the same age as me, surely the same applies? Why on Earth are you fussed about paying dead people for their work?

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas