[lbo-talk] free!

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 21:10:18 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Eubulides <paraconsistent at comcast.net>wrote:

> Doug Henwood wrote:
>

>> I've run three Macs off the $129 "family" pack for OS 10.5.x for two
>> years, I think. That's what, $20/yr?
>>
>> Doug

> So it's settled then, Adrian Belew is a better guitarist than Steven
> Malkmus and Al DiMeola? :-)
>
> Ian

Belew makes more weird sounds, I like Thurston Moore better. To my mind, DiMeola's primarily a speed freak (I'd go with John McLughlin if I was headed in that direciton). And Malkmus... like my reaction to My Bloody Valentine, despite all the raves and repeated tries, I never "got" Pavement.

How about Rainer Ptacek? I LOVED Guy Kyser in Thin White Rope... And what, exactly, compares to Ron Asheton's work on Fun House? Tom Verlaine needed his foil in Television, largely a wanker since... Bob Stinson? Dan Auerbach, maybe? Nels Cline sure is fund to watch play... Mick Ronson?