[lbo-talk] not like everybody else

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 20 11:31:53 PDT 2009

Click on the link for Spector's mugshot, sans wig: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/08/phil-spector-isnt-pleased-at-prison-neighbors-manson-and-sirhan-sirhan.html

According to the Associated Press:

Phil Spector wrote to his friend Steve Escobar, a musician and music journalist, of his chagrin at being in the same prison as notorious murderers including Charles Manson and Sirhan Sirhan. He said he is working with his attorneys "to get a better prison with people more like myself in it during the appeal process instead of all these lowlife scumbags, gangsters and Manson types....They'd kill you here for a 39-cent bag of soup!" Spector, 69, said his spirits were up because his wife, Rachelle, has begun visiting him two days a week at the California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison at Corcoran. The prison is 400 miles from their Alhambra home, he said, and his wife has been driving back and forth each weekend.

I won't take all that they hand me down, And make out a smile, though I wear a frown, And I won't take it all lying down, 'Cause once I get started I go to town.

'Cause I'm not like everybody else, I'm not like everybody else, I'm not like everybody else, I'm not like everybody else.

etc.

The Kinks: I'm not like everybody else