[lbo-talk] Barney Frank at the top of his form

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Aug 20 11:45:45 PDT 2009

At 02:11 PM 8/20/2009, Jeffrey Fisher wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:
>

> > I have a better suggestion. Clip all quoted text except for the exact
> > senentences you are responding to.
>

>Well, I was responding to the overall thrust of CGE's post, as I understood
>it, which had to do with the manufacture of consent by narrowing the band of
>acceptable or legitimate discourse, the implication being that Frank should
>have engaged her in dialogue rather than ridiculing her. I didn't see any
>need to pull out specific sentences and misrepresent them as being the exact
>sentences I was responding to.
>
>As opposed to this case.

it's hard to read. it would help if top posters would realize that, for those of us who read sporadically, we may only read a handful of people, relying on judicious snipping, to understand the gist. if i need to, i'll go back and read the person(s) to whom you were replying.

same goes for people who remove everything and just post into the void, as if they aren't responding to anyone in particular!

fucking irritating. i blame fucking google with its fucking gmail.

first microsfot ruined email, now google is crushing it to death with it's ridiculous threading. fuckers.