[lbo-talk] Microsoft: 0, Google: 1

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 05:04:13 PDT 2009

Here is another example of the asinine way Microsoft does business. With great fanfare, the Redmond shysters announced their new search engine Bing, which is supposed to take on Google. I normally use Google on my desktop and notebook, but on my PDA device running Windows Mobile 6.0 (a piece of shit comparing to I- products, but far less expensive) I also used Live Search to identify local services, maps etc. It was one of those few Microsoft products that actually worked in a user friendly fashion. Hmm, I thought to myself, even Redmond can do something right from time to time.

But then, guess what, with the introduction of Bing, live search ceased to work on my PDA. All I was getting was a message of a connection error. My connection was fine for any other app on my PDA, so I decided to update to Bing. I could not download the fucking thing using mobile explorer for some reason (every other site was working fine, thank you), but I finally managed to do so using my notebook and then transfer the .cab file to my PDA and then install it. It installed all right, but then it told me that my location was Seattle, WA. Since last time I checked I lived in Silver Spring, MD, I wanted to change that location. I got a message that Bing is looking for Silver Spring near Seattle, WA and then I got the all familar message "we cannot complete your search. check your network connection."

Hear that Microsoft, my network connection is working just fine for any other app, it is your crap that fails to work with it. So let me say it loudly and clearly: FUCK YOU MICROSOFT, AND FUCK YOUR INFERIOR HALF BAKED PRODUCTS!!!!. I will stay with Google, and next time I buy a computer I will go for a Linux or a Mac.

Wojtek