[lbo-talk] Leon Trotsky

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Fri Aug 21 18:00:15 PDT 2009

At 8:42 PM -0400 21/8/09, Bhaskar Sunkara wrote:

>My recommendation on how best to honor LT's legacy
>http://theactivist.org/blog/celebrate-a-legend-the-right-way
>One of the ingredients is something you old men probably have lining your
>refrigerators.

You are a bad influence. Why would we have our fridge lined with vodka anyhow?

Vodka should be kept in the freezer. I learned that from a Polish wobbly who stayed with me for a day or so on holiday. He brought me a bottle of Polish vodka, which he insisted on putting in the freezer (which terrified me.)

He seemed a bit nervous about eating the roast wallaby we served up to him that night as well.

We both learned something.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas