[lbo-talk] clicker thingy

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 09:18:33 PDT 2009

[WS:] I second. I've been using Eee Pc 1000HE which boast 9.5 hours of battery life (in reality it is more like 7.5 hrs) and currently it is my main machine of the 3 that I have (other being a desktop and a laptop). Other advantages are the small size, weight, and price (I paid for mine $375 plust $25 for additional 1GB of memory). I am running Office 2003, SPSS, Photoshop elements among others and they run pretty smoothly. The thing is a bit slow on battery power, but it is a part of the energy saving scheme. However, I am a light user of graphics and no games - my guess is that on graphics heavy applications performance would be disappointing. Mine is running Windows XP, but I believe Linux is also available.

And one more thing - I selected the 160GD hard drive instead of 40GB solid state drive (available on slightly different models.) A friend of mine who is a computer geek compared both and believes that the solid state is disappointing.

Wojtek