[lbo-talk] vacating; therefore, in need of fiction

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Sat Aug 22 22:36:59 PDT 2009

Had a quick look at that list, noticed that Harry Harrison is not there at all.

He wrote some fun science fiction, but for me his most interesting work was the East of Eden trilogy. Alternative world genre, what if (all true science fiction is a what if question) there was no meteor to wipe out the dinosaurs and now intelligent dinosaurs are the dominant species on Earth? Humans would be just a disgusting hairy animal to them.

Of course they's have a completely alien technology and philosophy too, but mustn't spoil the fun.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas