[lbo-talk] Let's Argue About Sonic Youth's "Retro-necro reverence"!

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 19:49:52 PDT 2009

I'm with Andy, EVOL and Sister were the key for me...

I saw them in Santa Cruz in 89, I think, fIREHOSE opened - I missed D Boon too much to appreciate it... the west coast punky/hippy crowd totally didn't understand what SY were doing and they left the stage in a huff, only to come back and play ~30 minutes of Dictators covers, never got to see 'em again.

Daydream Nation was obviously and intentionally a crossover double LP... I love it for what it is/was... but began to lose interest with Goo and Washing Machine, I loved the snippet on a recent Behind the News so - esp after this - I'll get the new one.