[lbo-talk] Let's argue about rum

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 08:40:41 PDT 2009

Since this is LBOtalk, we really should begin this conversation with a segment on Behind the News

http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Radio.html#061221 December 21, 2006 Ian Williams talks about the Kofi Annan-Ban Ki-moon transition at the UN, and the political economy of rum (with some tasting advice too)

It's been a while since I listened to it, but he does have some advice about what to drink.

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:08, Andy<andy274 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Somebody I think at Barbancourt supposedly said of Bacardi: "They're
> very smart to suggest mixing it with coke."

Williams had some juicy details about Bacardi, but said basically the same thing. I had the distinct displeasure of trying a taste of straight Bacardi over the summer (stuck on a boat with no mixers and only tiny airplane bottles of various liquors). Now I'm not sure I could even cut it with coke.