[lbo-talk] let's argue about the cause of mental illness

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 28 08:31:57 PDT 2009

That's true. Russia (by this I mean all the Russian Empire, including Poland, Ukraine, what is now Kazakhstan, etc.) in 1910 was not a modern (by 1910 European standards) capitalist country. It was a medieval, feudal society -- literally, until serfdom was abolished in the 1860s, before which about half the population were slaves. Average life expectancy was 29.