[lbo-talk] Ukraine's Got Talent

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Sun Aug 30 11:59:54 PDT 2009

On Sun, August 30, 2009 7:14 am, Chris Doss wrote:

> This is the coolest thing I have ever seen in my life:
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/tvandradioblog/2009/aug/13/ukranian-san
> d-artist

An incredible performance and sound-track.

And yet I find it sorrowful that the Guardian blogger, Donaghy, was so flippant about the piece. I suppose it's because Britain was never occupied during WW II, and has never held itself accountable to the ghastly crimes of its Empire. He goes on this litany of snark and sound-bites, culminating in the thought that, gee, this Interwebs thing might be a threat to our Anglosphere cultural monopolies.

The direct Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=518XP8prwZo

-- DRR