[lbo-talk] class and classical music

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 12:29:16 PDT 2009

Carrol Cox MICHAEL YATES wrote:

I will want to quibble some with this formulation, but I think Michael is substantially right. The more I think of Joanna's claim the more bizarre it seems on a number of grounds.

^^^^^ CB: It's bizarre to call Joanna's claim bizarre.

Her opponents in this discussion must be 21st Century couch potatoes.

Music proabably began as elaborated and decorated speech associated with various bodily activities of many types from hunting and gathering and foraging and gardening and childcare (lullabies), toolmaking , ritual dance , love courting. It wasn't likely making sounds disconnected to any other activiity