[lbo-talk] support a worthy documentary project

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Dec 1 10:58:41 PST 2009

[This was written by a fellow parent and all-around good guy from Ivan's excellent preschool. Please contribute.]

Hi again everyone,

For anyone interested in the endless Atlantic Yards controversy, local PS 11 parents Suki Hawley and Mike Galinsky have been filming almost every minute of the drama since it began way back in 2003.

If they get 2500.00 more dollars in pledges on this website (pasted below), then Kickstarter.com gives them additional matching funds of $25,000.00. Problem is, they only have 11 hours to go to make the pledge threshold.

So, if you see fit to toss them 10 bucks, then we'll at least have the history of this sad debacle on the record for the rest of eternity. And with that, I'll resist any further ranting (though doing so was not easy!).

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rumur/battle-of-brooklyn

Best, Gustav