[lbo-talk] Obama's betrayal of hope

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 16:40:53 PST 2009

RE: Frankly, I am less inclined to blame Obama for the illusions that so many progressives had in him as I am to blame the progressives themselves for their self-deceptions.

[WS:] Right on. Actually, I like Obama because of his style and demeanor - he refuses to sling mud and fear monger, which is a healthy departure from the US political discourse. That is a big change. I do not think any substantive change is possible until the business is on its knees and both political parties are destroyed - so I did not expect anything but a change of style form Obama's presidency.

Wojtek