[lbo-talk] Adam Smith on Too Big to Fail

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 08:10:24 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Michael Perelman <michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
> wrote:

> just drink the koolaid.
>

> > =============
> >
> > What is natural liberty?
> >
> > What are private people?

Indeed. I suppose i would say some version of what Carrol said, but my main thing is that I can't get over something I really should get over (and it appears michael has a similar difficulty): today's capitalists want nothing to do with Adam Smith. And I really, really wish they would go back to him, because he has not only sense but also a moral center they are completely lacking. But then, of course, that's why they want nothing to do with him except insofar as he can be read through the prism of Ayn Rand.

AFAICT.