[lbo-talk] Obama's betrayal of hope

Peter Ward nevadabob at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Dec 4 16:50:57 PST 2009

> Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:07:34 -0500
> From: wsoko52 at gmail.com
> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org
> Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Obama's betrayal of hope
>
> Re: Do you really think the ending of slavery had
> nothing to do with agitation in the streets? Really?
>
> [WS:] I Wake up and smell the
> coffee. The so-called "people" that you delude yourself that you can
> "organize" are - for a large part - a bunch reactionary thugs demanding
> rights for themselves that they are quite unwilling to give others, and more
> than happy to kick the ass of any unpopular minority, including
> pinko-commies and liberal elites.
>
> Wojtek

As a redneck myself, I'm very much as proponent of kicking the ass of the liberal elite--they as much a part of the problem as the wingnuts. In fact more so, since they are elites (i.e., at least as unwilling to give to others, but holding much more power).

The trick is to convince folks that working together for a common aim is a better idea than competing to self-destruct. This is obviously very hard and is a lesson the left needs to learn as much as any other group, if present comments may be taken to be representative.

By the way, referring the general population as "'so-called' people" is strange formulation--if they are not really people, what are they?

-Peter

_________________________________________________________________ Have more than one Hotmail account? Link them together to easily access both

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394591/direct/01/