[lbo-talk] do shitters (was: Some lbo questions)

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Dec 6 10:48:52 PST 2009

At 12:01 PM 12/6/2009, Alan Rudy wrote:
>Or, even better, WHO has advanced dialog? and where? on this list.

obviously, according to Max's next post, everyone on this list who actively participates in discussion therefore contributes to and is "exalting" dialog -- including himself.

for max, even if you *talk* about your street cred, you are "exalting" dialog. shhhhh. be vewy vewy quiet. we're huntin wabbits.

apparently, it would be an excellent idea for doug to shut down the list since he's inadvertently advancing and exalting dialog. whereas carrol sees the DP as a time suck taking activists away from where the radical leftist action is, for max email lists take people away from where the radical action is: giving money to hamsher, clicking buttons to sign petitions, pasting form letters into email clients, and hanging out at firedoglake cheering on jane hamsher and how good she is as doing whippets. heh.

*you* people do nothing because you write to an email list. I'm writing you back on that email list but that doesn't mean i do nothing. i escape that label by the virtue of my hot air -- ooops, my 1s and 0s. anyway, yeah, yeah, you can't know what i do and i can't know what you do and it shouldn't be a contest about what we do on an email list where, by definition, we could all be lying about it anyway. so, what i'm going to do is bluster about what fools you all are so you will shut the fuck up because, by doing this, i'm going to create a situation where typing to an email list will get you labeled a nasty crummy dialogist who does nothing to make the world a better place. not that i'm actually doing anything other than dialoging and dialogisting but hey, i'm the one at least pretending that i'm a big bad do shitter and i'll be damned if i'm going to give anyone a real argument because, to do so is to be a dialogist. that way, by impugning all dialog, even my own, i can stop writing to this email list without appearing to have lost the argument and pretend like i've won an argument.

shag