[lbo-talk] Cheap at half the price ...

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Dec 7 16:04:18 PST 2009

I thought I remembered that TARP money paid back *must* by law be used to lower the National Debt, but you never know about those snakes in DC ...

"TARP has turned out to be much cheaper than we had

expected, although not cheap," Obama told reporters

at the White House. "It means that some of that money

can be devoted to deficit reduction. And the question

is: Are there selective approaches that are consistent

with the original goals of TARP -- for example, making

sure that small businesses are still getting lending

-- that would be appropriate in accelerating job growth?"

http://news.google.com/news/search?q=%22TARP+has+turned+out+to+be+much+cheaper