[lbo-talk] Tony Judt on Shlomo Sand's book in FT

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 07:03:08 PST 2009

If Judt did his homework on Sand he wouldn't make this statement: "Prof Sand certainly does not tell us – and in his defence we should acknowledge that the problem may be intractable. I suspect that he favours a one-state solution: if only because it is the logical upshot of his arguments. I, too, would favour such an outcome – if I were not so sure that both sides would oppose it vigorously and with force. A two-state solution might still be the best compromise, even though it would leave Israel intact in its ethno-delusions." Sand favors a two-state solution.