[lbo-talk] you all sure are a bunch of snobs

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 09:34:20 PST 2009

Matthias, I'm interested in the responses you get... I think it was me who said I didn't get My Bloody Valentine - not shoegaze more generally... normally, I wouldn't care but all kinds of folks who's reviews and appreciations I've learned from love MBV and it confuses me... by all accounts I _should_ like them.

In re: hip-hop, and I'm sure others will have alternative (if not far better) suggestions, you might read Jeff Chang's book, Can't Stop, Won't Stop: A History of the Hip-Hop Generation (http://cantstopwontstop.com/) while tracking down the people, music and scenes he accounts for.

On a related but different note, does anyone have or has anyone read: "Blues & Chaos: The Music Writing** of Robert Palmer"? Palmer's reviews in the NYT altered my taste forever, and for the better (even if he loved Adrian Belew and I didn't).*

* On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Matthias Wasser <matthias.wasser at gmail.com