[lbo-talk] Whispering Milton Into A Stripper's Ear

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Dec 10 19:06:26 PST 2009

Dwayne writes:

"I couldn't be certain but I suspected this was the first time Paradise Lost got someone laid."

It's the delivery! ++ the fact that women get very bored with lines like:

"you have great tits!"

"I have a wonderful key!"

"did you come?

Going for the mind is a wonderful and rare tactic if you believe it and mean it.

I still remember the night when, post coitum, a lover whispered Jonson's hymn in my ear

Queen, and huntress, chaste and fair, Now the sun is laid to sleep, Seated in thy silver chair, State in wonted manner keep :

Hesperus entreats thy light,

Goddess excellently bright.

Earth, let not thy envious shade Dare itself to interpose ; Cynthia's shining orb was made Heaven to clear when day did close :

Bless us then with wishèd sight,

Goddess excellently bright.

Lay thy bow of pearl apart, And thy crystal shining quiver ; Give unto the flying hart Space to breathe, how short soever :

Thou that mak'st a day of night,

Goddess excellently bright.

Got him big, big points. Not to mention round two.

Joanna