[lbo-talk] Firesale of the Empire

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 12:53:12 PST 2009

On 12/11/09, dredmond at efn.org <dredmond at efn.org> wrote:
> Taibbi at his finest, on the neolib restoration:

Really? Reads like a pretty standard rehashing to me, albeit with more amped-up prose. And the Alternet-style outrage and the populist finger-pointing at They who screwed Us the taxpayers are not just fatuous but also a little creepy. Mapping the web of personal connections between the players for fun reporting I guess, but does it really tell us anything other than than some are more connected than others. More generally, the left really needs to get over its accumulation-by-dispossession kick.