[lbo-talk] Seppukoo: Situationist Prank or Exodus?

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 17:03:13 PST 2009

Dennis Claxton wrote:

Trouble is 7 year olds quickly become 11 year olds. Then it's no longer a thousand tiny hits. At 11 they're closer to being possible back-ups for Dwayne in a bar fight.

I rather like this idea...an army of tweenies smashing up joints across the USA on my order while I, dressed in a white suit, twirling a cane and wearing smoky eye makeup for some inexplicable reason, laugh and laugh and laugh. I'd probably squeeze a 'tally ho!' in there for good measure.

Now, about those kids who love to hit...

Yeah, this issue has recently popped up in my life. There's a ban on hitting in our house but the kiddo -- who I suspect of being the reincarnation of Ida Lupino, or at least, Ida's hard boiled screen persona -- knows that rules are made to be hit with a right cross.

So I tell her two things:

* Sweetie, hitting is wrong.

and

* See little girl here's the thing, sooner or later you hit the wrong person. Who's the "wrong person"? Someone bigger or meaner or eviler than you. And when you hit that person, that "wrong person", your day goes bad real fast. Trust me, I know.

.d.