[lbo-talk] Mr Samuelson, he dead

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Dec 13 14:01:38 PST 2009

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:28:07 -0500 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes:
> News Alert
> from The Wall Street Journal
>
> Paul A. Samuelson, whose analytical work laid the foundation for
> modern economics, died Sunday. He was 94.

Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems to me that eminent economists enjoy remarkably long lifespans. Not only did Samuelson live into his 90s, but so did Milton Friedman, Friedrich Hayek plus Paul Sweezy and Harry Magdoff. Is there something about the economics profession that is conducive to living a long life?

Jim F.