[lbo-talk] Obama: killing for 2012

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 17:08:56 PST 2009

Your last paragraph assumes that the US is trying to establish foreign rule. I don't think it is.

As to the first paragraph, I could easily see Carrol arguing that because the German bourgeoisie is better off now than in 1930, Germany won WWII. None of the US goals were accomplished in Iraq.

----- Original Message ---- From: "dredmond at efn.org" <dredmond at efn.org>

The US is leaving next summer, with its imperial tail between its legs. The Maliki government, a modified version of Iran's theocracy, has been handing out oil concessions to Lukoil, CNPC and various European firms. The war on Iraq broke the back of the US military, cost $708 billion and at least 40,000 US casualties, and forever alienated the global semi-periphery.

The war on Afghanistan isn't being lost, it is *already* lost. The Afghans will not accept foreign rule, and that's that.

-- DRR