[lbo-talk] Obama: killing for 2012

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Mon Dec 14 12:50:33 PST 2009

American planners are not idiots. (We went to school with most of them.) They (essentially the same people through the last two administrations, except for a slight neocon detour) would not have poured people and money into their 21st-century Middle East wars out of pique or madness. Their plans were not irrational -- just vicious. Capitalism, imperialism, and geopolitics provide an adequate account. And, as Carrol pointed out, they're winning. --CGE