[lbo-talk] Invertebrate tool use

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 10:59:17 PST 2009

Psst. The real reason we don't treat people like we do horses and cows is because of a very strong social taboo, not any kind of rational argument. Don't tell anyone.

----- Original Message ---- From: "farmelantj at juno.com" <farmelantj at juno.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tue, December 15, 2009 8:55:03 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Invertebrate tool use

All that might be true but would still be irrelevant to the argument because if we did have (and I am sure some exist) of people who are so incapacitated that they have less cognitive capacity than other non-human mammals, we would still not regard it to be morally permissible to treat those persons the way we would treat a horse or a cow.

Jim F.