[lbo-talk] communists

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Dec 18 08:41:41 PST 2009

Marv Gandall wrote: [clip]

> Of course, how can we really discuss the issue without knowing which parties, period, and personnel that Hobsbawn (if Doug's attibution is correct) was alluding to?

With this I agree, since I was about to offer the same point. It would be interesting to see a developed debate on it by historians who had reasonable access to scuh empirical detail as can be gathered.

If we has even _some_ knowledge of these ratios it would have _some_ political importance, as casting light on (tentatively) what sort of left has to be built up to make a significant impact on the world!

Carrol