[lbo-talk] Cockburn on AGW?

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 05:38:58 PST 2009

Doug wrote:

{A. Cockburn] also loves big old cars. And he prefers to blame corporations, rather than things like a fondness for driving, for our ecological problems.

Neil Young also loves big cars but he's managed to imagine -- and fund the creation of -- a retrofitted tail fin era beauty queen for a low carbon output future.

See:

<http://www.lincvolt.com/>

The tragedy of Cockburn's denials re: AGW is that he's taken the hair-shirters' eco-romantic doom saying to heart: the only way out must be via reverting to the 19th (or maybe even 12th) centuries. It seems obvious to me that this is what his contrariness is really responding to (because, what sane person could be against carbon output reduction on principle?).

There must be a term to describe people who only pay attention to the most wacked end of an argument's long tail.

.d.