[lbo-talk] Telling the U.S. left what to do

Left-Wing Wacko leftwingwacko at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 17:11:30 PST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2009, at 4:22 PM, Left-Wing Wacko wrote:
>
> But why not
>> consider the possibility of promoting Bernie Sanders, who has the
>> advantage
>> of being an independent.
>>

> Yet who voted for the crap health care bill. Why? Fear of being perceived
> as obstructionist?
>
> Doug

Well I wasn't arguing that he's perfect, but he also consistently argued for single-payer through the whole process, and he opposes the wars etc.. There is an argument out there that although there are some quite odious elements to the bill, there are also things like the outlawing of dropping people for pre-existing conditions and other incremental baby steps that one could conclude are things that are something better than absolutely nothing.

Sheldon