[lbo-talk] Angier: Plants Don't Want to Die Either

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 22 11:38:29 PST 2009

That way lies pantheism. (A position I am not totally adverse too, since it would go a long way to solving the mind-body problem!)

As an aside, your thought processes do involve lots of things that are not part of you (like air and light). Does that make the air and light part of your mind? If "mind" is the sum total of events that determine my thinking, almost everything is part of my mind.

----- Original Message ---- From: "farmelantj at juno.com" <farmelantj at juno.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Tue, December 22, 2009 9:27:06 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Angier: Plants Don't Want to Die Either

Why would it be odd?

True, that conclusion wouldn't seem to accord with common sense, but I don't think that common sense is of much use for dealing with issues like this.

Jim F.