[lbo-talk] TARP to turn a profit?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Dec 25 01:41:03 PST 2009

> [from Politico's Morning Money]

Politico has a "full coverage" page about the special programs, and it's been great; I watch the RSS feed that shows investments as small as $250k. Note that the $16B is "realized" -- as is the ~$2.5B of losses (so it's really something like $19B of realized gains). When Citi paid back their money the other day, Politico immediately lowered this number:

>> Total bank investments of $245 billion in FY2009 that
>> were initially projected to cost $76 billion are now
>> projected to bring a profit.

It was over $280M the other day.

Of course it still could go all to hell, but at the very least it's running ahead of projections.

/jordan