[lbo-talk] Harvey: Organizing for the Anti-Capitalist Transition

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Dec 25 09:44:23 PST 2009

Mike Ballard wrote:

no mention of organising workers as a class

In this context, of organizing as a class, how does one define "working class"? I always have the feeling when I come across references to "the workers," etc. that probably the writer has an image in his/her head, that harks bvack a half century or so and has no particular grip on current actuality.

Most workers today are _not_ blue collar. So what are the "signs" of calss that one can organize around?

At a highly abstract level of _capitalism_ as such it is easy to define _working class_ and essential to do so. But at a practical level of organizing struggle it is probably not relevant.

Carrol