[lbo-talk] re-fleeced again redundancy?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Dec 29 06:52:58 PST 2009

On Dec 29, 2009, at 9:24 AM, Alan Rudy wrote:

> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/29/opinion/29herbert.html

In which we learn:

> I asked Richard Trumka, president of the A.F.L.-C.I.O., about this.
> (Labor unions are outraged at the very thought of a health benefits
> tax.) I had to wait for him to stop laughing to get his answer.

Of course, the AFL-CIO did close to nothing on this issue, as I just heard from two people deeply involved in the politics of health reform. It did whatever the White House told it was "possible." So it did nothing for the public option either. And the thanks the organized working class gets? This poke in the eye.

Doug