[lbo-talk] Francisco Gil-White Genesis and Future of Suicide Terrorism, Scott Atran

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 30 10:07:47 PST 2009

Bryan

It's funny, I wanted to say exactly the same thing ("he is an intelligent yet highly disturbed whacko")... I just wanted to know whether more people thought this way of whether I was a not so intelligent, yet rather balanced-whacko.

He is fascinating.

Cheers

Ismail

 Aluta Continua!

________________________________ From: Bryan Atinsky <bryan at alt-info.org> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wed, 30 December, 2009 11:57:55 Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Francisco Gil-White Genesis and Future of Suicide Terrorism, Scott Atran

Yah, I came across him several years ago. He had some interesting early works on ethnicity, memes, etc. but then jumped off the deep end with the Bosnia and Israel/Palestine issues and 9/11 conspiracies. I remember he complained about not being renewed for his position at  U Penn: http://thedp.com/node/41391

For an interesting take on him, read the discussion regarding the Scott Atran article "Genesis and Future of Suicide Terrorism"  http://www.interdisciplines.org/terrorism/papers/1 (Actually, http://www.interdisciplines.org is an interesting website in general).

The comments are on the right, and it is kind of annoyingly set up. If you want to read the comment along with the subcomments, click on the little white paper icon next to the comment title.

I see now he has taken on the anti-man made global warming position...figures... http://www.hirhome.com/global_warming.htm

More or less, he is an intelligent yet highly disturbed whacko.

Bryan