[lbo-talk] re-fleeced again redundancy?

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 30 22:07:53 PST 2009

On Dec 29, 2009, at 9:24 AM, Alan Rudy wrote:

> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/29/opinion/29herbert.html

In which we learn:

> I asked Richard Trumka, president of the A.F.L.-C.I.O., about this.
> (Labor unions are outraged at the very thought of a health benefits
> tax.) I had to wait for him to stop laughing to get his answer.

Of course, the AFL-CIO did close to nothing on this issue, as I just heard from two people deeply involved in the politics of health reform. It did whatever the White House told it was "possible." So it did nothing for the public option either. And the thanks the organized working class gets? This poke in the eye.

Doug

"The working class and the employing class have nothing in common. There can be no peace so long as hunger and want are found among millions of the working people and the few, who make up the employing class, have all the good things of life."

IWW Preamble http://www.iww.org/culture/official/preamble.shtml

When we give up on the notion of a fair day's wage for a fair day's work, we might get somewhere.

Mike B)

*********************************************************************** "One needs to work to achieve enlightenment and then return to the common world." Basho http://wobblytimes.blogspot.com/

__________________________________________________________________________________ See what's on at the movies in your area. Find out now: http://au.movies.yahoo.com/session-times/