[lbo-talk] cost of a failed underwear bombing: 49 civilians

Left-Wing Wacko leftwingwacko at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 11:52:16 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 8:28 AM, ken hanly <northsunm at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Indeed AL Qaeda has claimed the failed bomber's mission was in retaliation
> for these attacks in Yemen. It would seem that in exchange for US help in
> bombing Houthi rebels in the North the Yemen govt. has agreed to go after Al
> Qaeda. There will soon be a battle on three fronts against the Yemen govt.
> and Yemen could become another failed state and Obama will engage in his
> third surge the other two being in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
>
> Anyway security shares are doing very well. I just wonder if Al Qaeda
> financiers do not play the market shorting airline shares and buying
> security company shares in advance of an attack.
>
> Cheers, k hanly

I have been wondering and a bit perplexed about this, Al Qaeda allegedly claiming responsibility for these failed attacks. Are they really? I mean it just seems like the organization that pulled off 9-11 can't even get a bomb to explode the right way, even after getting by security. I would think they be rather embarrassed to admit that they have anything to do with these incompetant attacks. That is unless they are doing it to just play the market, but that seems far fetched. Is there verifiable evidence separate from our media filter that Al Qaeda actually claims these attacks? Any thoughts?

Sheldon