[lbo-talk] S&S Call for Papers

Charles Brown cdb1003 at prodigy.net
Sun Feb 1 08:27:12 PST 2009

--- On Sun, 2/1/09, Chris Doss <

In Marx and Engel's day, wasn't the working class a minority of the population of most capitalist countries? Not really a mass. ^^^^^^CB: Yes, but minorities can be masses. Thenthe working people, including working peasantsand wage-laborers were a majority of the pop. InLenin's day we see the importance of unity ofworkers and peasants ,symobolized bv the hammerand sickle.  Today the working class,wage-laborers, is majority and a mass in the US.