[lbo-talk] Thoughts at Davos

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 1 11:28:32 PST 2009

http://www.buzzmachine.com/2009/01/28/davos09-the-davos-vacuum/

Maybe in some session at Davos or over some dinner table, someone's discussing substantial ideas and plans for ending the mess. But I haven't been there.

[snip]

I'm talking with other people who are getting more depressed as the day goes on and here, I think, is why: We are surrounded by the leaders who fucked it up: bankers, marketeers, regulators, and the press. They were in charge. That's what Davos is: the people in charge. So who's to say that we're going to find the answers in Davos? Well, the people in Davos will. But I think the evidence is strong that the answer is not here.

I'm going skiing.