[lbo-talk] Moyers on aerial bombing

Dwayne Monroe dwayne.monroe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 14:19:23 PST 2009

Mark DeLucas wrote:

Yes, of course violence--of the kind employed by states for the oppression and conquest of other populations--doesn't work always and forever. What I had in mind though, is the sort of standard liberal critique, which seems to hold that violence only fortifies the target population.

Yes, I get you now. And I agree.

Shane Mage wrote:

Nonsense. The firestorm was invented, not by LeMay but by Hermann Göring in the incendiary bombing of London, the last raid of the blitz.

Ha!

Thanks for the 'correction' chief but it was completely unnecessary. I didn't claim LeMay "invented" the firestorm; only that he deployed it against Japan.

Instead of shouting nonsense! at everyone like a grumpy high school teacher, I suggest you go to the nearest pub and enjoy a refreshing beverage.

.d.