[lbo-talk] Thoughts on all this sort of thing.

Philip Pilkington pilkingtonphil at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 20:18:41 PST 2009

So we're seeing protests proper in France and fear spreading among the Davos crowd:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7861774.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/davos/7862679.stm

Obviously there's an hysterical element to it all among the elites. But personally I'm picking up major dissent about the current system all around me... albeit in a country which is majorly going down the shitter. However, many European countries seem to be in the same situation as us Oirish... and many of them actually have a concrete leftist base.

I feel that many in European have been fed a rather seductive outlook on how things should be going and aren't obtaining results...