[lbo-talk] your Facebook is their fortune

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 04:57:04 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 1:58 AM, Dorene Cornwell <dorenefc at gmail.com> wrote:

> --I get an astounding amount of dribble about what friends of my friends are
> doing. I find myself wondering how humanity managed to survive all those
> long millenia without that level of drivel.

I'm inclined to say they didn't. I imagine you pick up a lot of idle chatter in a village.

With the exception of a couple people who document every sneeze, I actually kind of like that. I've found FB a good way to link up with people I'd fallen out of touch with, and then keep up on random low-level murmur of their lives without the effort of dedicated emails or telephone calls. That's hard to do when people are spread out over the country and beyond.

-- Andy