[lbo-talk] Obama secretly encouraging conservative Dems

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 07:16:32 PST 2009

http://www.politico.com/huddle/0209/huddle217.html

OBAMA UNDERCUTS PELOSI: Republicans were sending this around at lightning speed last night from Glenn Thrush’s Politico blog: “Rep. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.) -- one of the lead Blue Dogs -- made a startling admission to lefty Liberadio today, suggesting the White House quietly encouraged him to buck House leadership on the stimulus.Cooper was one of 11 Dems to vote no -- joining every GOP House member. "Well, I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but I actually got some quiet encouragement from the Obama folks for what I’m doing," said Cooper, one of about 55 House Democrats to sign a letter criticizing Speaker Nancy Pelosi for suspending normal debate and committee rules on the $819 billion package.”