[lbo-talk] Slumdog cleans up with UK critics

Sujeet Bhatt sujeet.bhatt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 05:04:49 PST 2009

BBC News

Slumdog cleans up with UK critics

Slumdog Millionaire has been given top honours by UK film critics, winning three of their annual awards including best British film.

Danny Boyle was named British director of the year at the London Film Critics' Circle Awards for his story of a poor Indian boy competing in a TV game show.

Simon Beaufoy collected the prize for screenwriter of the year.

The film has already picked up a string of awards around the world and is nominated for 10 Academy Awards.

-- My humanity is in feeling we are all voices of the same poverty. - Jorge Louis Borges