[lbo-talk] More on the Obama torture cover-up

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 11:10:29 PST 2009

Yeah. Obama is not going to do anything until people hold his feet to the fire and there are plenty of points to hold his feet to the fire about.

Obama promises cleaner government and the issue of Cabinet nominees with tax issues doesn't get traction until the THIRD one comes along. So we wind up with a tax collector in chief who could not be bothered to pay his taxes despite repeated warnings until audited and nominated but we derail a chief performance officer and a candidate for HHS.

Our valued allies who don't like threats and want transparency have to work their own politcal channels. Milliband as Obama's poodle anyone? The voices from Parliament sound like strange bedfellows but if we're lucky the court ruling is not the last word. Or like I say they could call us on the value of "intelligence" provided.

People on this side of the pond have yet another thing to hold O's feet to the fire about. Transparency anyone? We have a whole year while O closes Guantanamo to bring dirt to light and by all accounts there is still plenty of muck to bring to light.

I don't even expect the Obasm to solve all our problems; I am happy enough for all the signs renewing energy to fight.

DC