[lbo-talk] CNN prints "Libertarian" ideas to save economy

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Feb 6 10:59:31 PST 2009

At 01:41 PM 2/6/2009, John Gulick wrote:

>B. sez:
>
>Amazing how the term "libertarian" went from meaning left-anarchism --
>i.e Libertarian labor Review, renamed to Anarcho-Syndicalist Review
>ca. 1999 because of the term's decay - to this claptrap.
>
>J. sez:
>
>Uh, no. I do believe that the dominant meaning of libertarianism in the US
>has long been bound to Randroids, Harry Browne, strict constructionism,
>right-wing tax resisters, etc.

that's been my experience too. *cringes* I once campaigned for a libertarian's gubanatorial run back in the 80s. OK. So it was to get laid, but still.... I apologize. mea culpa. maxima mea culpa.

Anyway, I grew up in a town rife with libertarians who were quite, uh, rabid. IN fact, I can recall being entranced, as a youngster, hearing people talk about the scandalous once a year event: a woman would ride like Lady Godiva down Main st., as some form of protest against taxes. At one point, I knew why this symbolism mattered -- Lady Godiva and taxes -- but I can't be arsed to look it up in wiki even.

shag