[lbo-talk] The Cramps!

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 11:16:02 PST 2009

> > Incidentally, what is it about Down Under that all the good
> > punk/garage bands were from Australia and all the good pop bands were
> > from New Zealand?
>
> Class? Australia is rude & working class, while NZ wants to be posh and
> Anglo?

The problem with that theory is that I don't think "great pop" and "wants to be posh and Anglo" go hand in hand that way. It certainly wouldn't explain why so many great pop bands came from Glasgow, or another equally grim part of Scotland.

Of course, "great punk" and "working class" don't necessarily go hand in hand either.