[lbo-talk] Geithner Plan

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Feb 10 18:04:52 PST 2009

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2009, at 5:16 PM, John Gulick wrote:
>
> > But even if this proposal were not utopian to begin with, the moment
> > has been squandered. Where was
> > the much-ballyhooed "pressure" on Obama that his "critical
> > supporters" kept on promising in early
> > November?
>
> Ha ha ha. How many divisions has Barbara Ehrenreich?

Doug, almost _all_ my posts for several years have directly or indirectly wrestled with the problem of somehow _raising_ those necessary divisions. That is why I tend to sneer at proposals about what the government should do because I think such proposals are irrelevant lacking the divisions to enforce them on the government.

It may be that my searching for such a route is utopian also, but it has the virtue that if somehow it did work then proposals for state action would cease to be _merely_ whistling in the dark.

Carrol